200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Mentorship
Yoga alliance approved 200 hour teacher training program:
Studio Seva’s Teacher Training program is designed to train yoga students to become a yoga teacher with the ability to teach Hatha yoga with knowledge, confidence, and creativity to all levels and abilities. This program is steeped in the traditional teacher training approach: one-on-one mentorship and training, focusing on creating a program specially tailored for each student.
The teacher training program at Studio Seva will be scheduled based on the individual trainee’s needs and schedule. Your program will consist of: discussion, study, mentorship, practice, and practice teaching.
The start date and schedule will depend on you. You will create your own schedule and demonstrate when you are ready to proceed to the next learning topic. Between the two of us, we create a schedule that will suit your learning needs. The most common time frame is to complete the program between 6 and 9 months. That's not to say that it may take longer or even not as long. We start when you are ready, and the schedule that we create together is very flexible. Some past students have opted to meet once or twice a week, once a month, or even as the schedule permits. Life happens, so I understand when we need to schedule around life events. Ideally, long gaps in practice and learning sessions should be avoided, to make sure the content is accumulating and being retained.
Teacher Training Learning Modules
- Yoga History and Philosophy
- Purpose of Yoga
- 8 limbs of Yoga (Ashtanga Yoga)
- Study of texts
- Introductory Yoga
- How to teach an introductory yoga class
- Learn basic postures and modifications for an introductory class
- Posture cards and how to use them
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Basic anatomy of movement
- Movement in yoga postures (asana)
- Online anatomy training with David Keil
- Sequencing and Verbal Cues
- Sequencing yoga classes
- Restorative yoga
- Verbal cueing
- Meditation and Relaxation
- Yoga Nidra
- Pranyama and Breathing
- Breath control (pranayama)
- Breathing in practice (during asana)
- Anatomy of Breathing
- Postures and Modifications
- Advanced postures: arm balances and inversions
- Basics and progressions: preparing for complex postures
- Props: support for progressions
- Variations, modifications, and alternative postures
- To be determined upon each student
- Start date: email or call me to set up your start date!
- Meet on average, once a week with a flexible schedule
- 7 learning modules to be completed over the course of 9 months
- Email Joni to schedule a consultation and start your teacher training
$400 per training module (not per week, time frame is determined upon each trainee's learning pace and schedule)
There are 7 training modules that can be spread out over a time span of 6 to 9 months. Tuition total is $2800 (broke up into 7 payments of $400).
Materials included with tuition:
Yoga posture cards
Notes and workbooks for each module
Free yoga classes while enrolled and not in arrears for tuition (not included in long hiatuses or pauses in training)
Required texts, not included in tuition (required by start date)
Recommended Texts, but not required
Contact Joni to set up an appointment to discuss the teacher training, tour the studio, and ask any questions about the program.