Studio Seva offers a specialized 200 your yoga teacher training program, presented in a unique one-on-one approach. Focus on your area of interest, your passion, and on your practice in this one-on-one, mentorship based training program. Our program offers the time and flexibility to specifically teach and practice your special areas of interest. For example, some students in the past have focused on yoga for seniors, yoga for recovery, yoga for athletes, and even doctors and Therapists have trained with us to provide yoga to their patients and clients. This program is designed for you to learn the process of yoga and how to safely and intelligently teach yoga, meditation, and breathing practices.
What you will gain with our program:
- Mentorship, study, practice, and application
- Ability to intelligently teach modern bodies at all levels
- Learn topics of study essential to safe yoga teaching: foundations and techniques of teaching Yoga, anatomy and anatomy of Yoga, sequencing, meditation and mindfulness therapy, pranayama and refining the breath, Yoga therapeutics and specialized teaching, & Posture refinement, modifications, and adjustments
- Option to pursue additional modules for more focused and specialized certification: Restorative yoga, yoga Nidra, and Chair Yoga
- Yoga Alliance registered, but we go above and beyond Yoga Alliance standards. We focus on anatomy and alignment, so you will receive the best training in this area.
- You will be able to register with the Yoga Alliance after completion of program
- Experience, hands on practice, and continued support are important to become a highly trained yoga teacher; once you complete your training with Studio Seva, you will continue to have unlimited (at no extra cost) access to continued mentorship and training.
Required Texts: Not included in tuition
Module 1: Teaching Yoga Foundations
Module 2: Anatomy of Yoga
Module 3: Yoga Sequencing
Module 4: Pranayama and Refining Breath
Module 5: Yoga Adjustments
Module 6: Yoga Therapeutics
Additional modules in specialty training: $300 per module (text books not include) These do not need to be done in order or even all together. Pick and chose your area of interest.
Module 7: Restorative Yoga
Module 8: Yoga Nidra
Module 9: Chair Yoga
Module 10: Yoga Rope Wall (Yoga Korunta)
Module 11: Aerial Yoga
$400 per training module (time frame is determined upon each trainee's learning pace and schedule)
There are 6 base training modules that can be spread out over a time span of 6 - 12 months. Tuition total is $2400 (broke up into 6 payments of $400). Tuition for each Module is due before start of new Module. Books are required to be purchased by start of next module.
The specialty modules (7-11) can be added on at any time; cost per module is $300; modules 7-11 do not need to be completed in order, and you can pick and choose your topic of interest.
Flexible meeting dates/times
Supplemental notes and handouts for each module
Discounted yoga classes while enrolled and not in arrears for tuition (not included in long hiatuses or pauses in training)
Free Classes with Lead Instructor and experienced yoga teachers at the studio
Online Anatomy training with David Keil
No refunds on tuition or payment for classes/services.
Schedule is based on individual preference and availability. Meeting times are flexible and allow for life happenings and schedule changes. Meeting times can range from 3 times a week to once a month, depending on individual schedules. Meeting times will last no longer than 2 hours. The base 6 module training can take 6 to 12 months to complete.
Module One covers a wide range of topics, so it can take up to two months to complete this module, depending number of meeting times per month.
The remaining modules are more single topic focused, so they will take anywhere from 3-6 weeks to complete, again, depending on number of meeting times per month.
Most trainees choose to meet once per week, completing the program in approximately 7 months. Meeting times can vary, but the best availability is weekday mornings and early evenings.
If you choose to take the additional specialty modules, you can schedule these any time after you complete the base 6 module training.
While I continue to question the necessity of Yoga Alliance, I struggle with breaking away from their umbrella. I don't want to potentially impede any chances any of future trainings or certifications for my current or past teachers in training. I will continue to pay the registration fees each year, and provide my students with this accreditation. However, know that I do struggle with the control the Alliance is employing in the yoga industry, and that I will continue to go above and beyond the Yoga Alliances standards to provide the best and most affordable teacher training in the area.